Friday, June 18, 2010

Pillow--with a sort of green olive motif

 Usually I say " I don't do functional" when I talk about my art. But you know how that goes, once you say something definitive, it's often quickly disproved. So, here's some functional art! I WET-felted this piece and then hand stitched like crazy and put it on brown dupioni silk and inserted a pillow form. Cool huh? You can see the details here, here, and here. I'll be teaching Wet-Felting in Idyllwild on Tuesday, July 8. We'll make a piece of felt in the morning (no machines needed, just elbow grease) and then embellish it in the afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful pillow. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this functional. I fell in LOVE at first site!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails