Monday, June 28, 2010

venice horses sample

 If you know me, you know I pretty much never make practice pieces or samples, I just go for it. Not this time! Shown is a 5 inch square, with a  rubbing on it and an overlay of the Four Horses of San Marco in tulle. ( A technique I learned from Melly Testa a couple of years ago. I did the outline of my photo on tracing paper, and then free motioned, then cut away the tulle from the silhouette.) I'm thinking of doing this much larger on my Venice quilt. I'll keep you posted

4 comments:

  1. Ah Jane. I feel a sense of comfort in your ability to try things out! I wonder if you will put the piece in a three ring binder, or perhaps my new favorite thing, color copy it to use in your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since discovering your blog a little while ago, I've had more fun and inspiration watching you create....I was going to clean out my fabric and supplies, thinking I'd never use it again after a nearly 15 yr break. But you're giving me a fire to go back to and try out lots of techniques. And get back to my dear old Bernina...
    Thank you!
    Susie
    TheAntiquePalette.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, oh Jane. it SO wants to turn into Spoonflower fabric - and I'd have it printed on canvas, and have a TOTE made of it. oh, and I'd cover a JOURNAL with it. and printed on something lovely & lightweight, I'd turn that into a ROBE for summer. I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT. i'm thinking you need to put together a series of classes that teach ... all these way cool fabric techniques. LOVE YOU - Davi

    ReplyDelete
  4. It already rocked, creating the rubbing plate, and the stitching, and the texture. And now I can see how the additional silhouette dimension is still even more exciting, and dimensional, and textural. What a cool thing.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails