Friday, May 04, 2012

Matilija Poppies

More Matilija Poppies



It's nearing the end of the season for these beautiful blooms. These are at Blue Sky Reserve, where I walk once a week.

 Remember, one of my blog readers called them "dandelions in a wedding dress."
The bees appeared drowsy and satiated.
Clearly I love flowers and nature, and it's a major inspiration in my work. Especially in my sketchbook. No, I haven't had the chance to spend a little time with these poppies and my sketchbook and I resist drawing from photos, since drawing from the real thing is so much more satisfying. So, for now, I'll photograph these flowers and keep them tucked in my heart for future inspiration in my artwork.

9 comments:

  1. Oh those are so beautiful, that first shot with the little top knot wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful! Thanks for charing . They brighten up my day!
    Lovely greetings Miek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful flowers! I've never seen these before - thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! I have never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't get much more beautiful then that.... thanks for sharing.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look like dandelions with petticoats! I've never seen anything like them,we probably don't get them up here.
    They would be really fun to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen these poppies. Look at that center! Holy moly. Great photos; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unbelievably beautiful! My new blog is actually called "The Drowsy Bee" because sometimes I feel like those bees do...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen this type of poppy before. I must have been quite taken with them because they showed up in my dreams last night! Thank you for the lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails