Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sedona interpreted in felt

Sedona

Sedona

Sedona
Sedona by Jane LaFazio 2010 (11x12")
I've only been to Sedona, Arizona twice, but those red mountains, the textures, the culture are so strong, that I've done a number of artworks based on Sedona. And of course, I love this color scheme and end up adapting it to every culture!


Sedona

Sedona

Sedona
This piece started as a single piece of felt that I created, using the wet felting method. Then I cut it into pieces, reassembled it, and stitched and embellished the heck out of it. 
Sedona

Sedona

(I'm teaching wet felting in North Carolina on July 2. Registration deadline May 25)  
(I'm in Italy, teaching, so I've scheduled these posts while I'm traveling.)

7 comments:

  1. OMG ... the textures! the colors! Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh and I dont even know where Sedona is but Im guessing its richly red sand with ancient symbols on rock face walls?
    (Will google it in a minute and see if Ive imagined that or not lol)
    But I love the textural, rich surface youve created here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. I love the colours they are really inspring and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was just there a couple of days ago! A good friend of mine just moved there. I will certainly be back since I'm in Phoenix AZ and it's just a couple of hours away. Not only are the rock formations beautiful and inspiring but Sedona also has some very lovely art galleries. Jane, I LOVE your felted pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and all the fabulous detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails