Friday, May 25, 2012

Stencils and spray paint ~ easy fun

stencils and bags
As you're reading this, I'm in Italy, teaching a workshop in Orvieto.

I prepared these  muslin bags for my students, to hold their watercolor supplies. Can you tell I had fun? I used Tulip Fabric Spray paint, and stencils from Stencil Girl, Artist Cellar and Interweave
And I really should give a shout out to my friend, Linda Blinn, who started me on the stencil spree a few years ago. She's also got a DVD, Make it Graphic on the subject.
stencils and bags  stencils and bags stencils and bags stencils and bags  stencils and bags  stencils and bagsstencils and bags  stencils and bags
I spray painted my cotton bathrobe too, to jazz it up, but it's grey and ended up looking like a paint rag. That's why you're not seeing a photo of it.
(I'm in Italy, teaching, so I've scheduled these posts while I'm traveling.)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! These are great! Wonder how it would work with slightly thickened dyes?
    Gotta try this! Hope you're having fun in Orvieto! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your students are very lucky. These are so much fun. Note to self: buy more stencils. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky students! I like this idea...Have fun! Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm planning on making some stencils! Hopefully it will look as fabulous as these! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know they had fabric spray paint. Is the feel of it better than a normal spray paint, I would guess it would be more durable.
    Thanks for the post. I'm glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails