Monday, May 14, 2012

Paisley Fever continues

paisley fever!
Paisley fever! I've got it bad.. It started here, in my sketchbook
paisley fever!
Quilt in progress: with shiva paintstiks, free motion machine stitching,
hand stitching and lace. by Jane LaFazio 2012
paisley fever!

paisley fever!
I've been obsessed with paisley! stitching, carving, stamping...who knows, maybe a tattoo is next.
paisley fever!
Free motion stitching on the pant leg and blouse front of a linen outfit.

paisley fever!

stamp


stamp   stamp

paisley fever!
Sticky back foam on acetate as a stamp or rubbing


paisley fever!

paisley fever!
Hand carved rubber stamp

paisley fever!

paisley fever!
Linen with hand carved stamp and rubbing. by Jane LaFazio 2012
paisley fever!
It's fun to be excited about a theme and explore it in so many different ways!
Have you got a theme, or series that you're excited about right now?

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the foam stamp on acetate! And yes, I have a theme I'm excited about right now... Dragonflies! But so far I have only done them with soy wax batik... need to expand my horizons! Thanks for all your inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paisley, often overlooked in design, but really the perfect shape for constant movement. I love all of your designs, and the variety in which you made them. Simply inspirational! Thank you for sharing so openly what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paisley has been "calling" me too! It seems to be a timeless pattern that feels good! I love your stitching! Please share the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, thanks for sharing these beauties! You are so inspired, it is as if all you touch - here a humble paisley motif - becomes a great pattern embellished thanks to your imagination and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow: you have been busy!! Love the paisleys.
    We are on a traveling binge right now, but will be home next week and I will get back to play in my studio. You make me want to get back into stamp carving. Where do you find your acrylic backs for the sticky-backed foam? I love that idea.
    I'll be seeing you in Saluda!!! I am so excited!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing rhymes with paisley, but you'll think of something, Amazing Lady! Hey, that's it! You're amaisley!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful Jane!
    I am looking at a Dover Publication catalogue right now... Do you know they have a book of all Paisley designs??
    I thought of you when I saw it.....
    I LOVE what you've been doing lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful. I am getting inspiration for an indian themed stitchery and this is perfect. Have linked to you in my latest blog post : http://lynettecollis.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/bits-and-pieces.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails